Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Paper Trufflez Team Blog Hop - Scrapbooking the Everyday


Welcome to the Paper Trufflez Team Blog Hop. The participants in this hop will be highlighting new products from the 2018 Holiday Expressions catalog. If you have come from Lisa's blog, you are on the right path.

The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here. It’s really simple to hop along with us. Simply click on the link at the end of each blog post to move to the next one.


Last year I decided to try Pocket Scrapbooking once again, I tried a few times before and lasted about a week. Well this time I stuck with it! I am so close to being done with my 2017 scrapbook so I have really been focusing on getting my pages done before the end of this year. Week 41 was all about our new little grand-daughter, so we didn't much going on for week 42. I decided to use Design 1 for this week.


I used a cut apart card from the new Boutique collection. I love this paper  the colors are so soft but trendy. I love to use the cut apart paper or our Picture My Life cards but often will just make up my own pocket pages. On a couple of these I used one of the 3 x 4 cut aparts and paired it with some regular paper or sometimes I add to the pre-printed ones to just give them a little something extra. 


Like here I added a few little banners at the top as well as some Loose Sequins.  


Here I did a little journaling often times I like to cut it into strips and then again I added some more Loose Sequins. You can also have a closer look of my little grands...my heart if so full. 

Tip: Making your own pocket cards is a great way to up some scraps. 

On week 43 I have fussy cut flowers from some leftover pattern paper, several journaling strips as well as the scallop which was left over from the Decorate Boarders, I combined with a strip of Boutique pattern paper.  


Week 43 was even less exciting so I decided to use our Pocket Plus Memory Protectors Design 3 for these cards. I often use these to highlight a small week or if I have a big week where I have more to say I will use these as well.  These are also a great way to add a few more photos to your regular layouts. In Make it from Your Heart Volume 3 they include several additional photos on how to use our Pocket Plus Memory Protectors in your scrapbooks.


I have to laugh a little cause even my journal card is a little simple (some weeks are just like that) however I did use our amazing new Decorative Border Thin Cuts on the tag and did some fussy cutting to give this card a little something extra. You will see me use these a lot as they are one of my favorite new products.


Some more fussy cutting and strip journaling here.



Now “hop” on over to Andrea's blog to see her fabulous artwork. Be sure to visit all the Consultants in the hop to get some fun creative ideas. If you get lost along the way, here is a list of participants. Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
all CTMH unless otherwise noted

Cardstock - White Daisy, Charcoal, Ballerina, Black
Paper Pack - Boutique Paper
Ink - Charcoal
Other - Thin Cuts Decorative Borders, Silver Loose Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment