Monday, October 29, 2018

H2H - Pumpkin Spice

Pumpkin Spice and everything nice


I can't remember exactly when it happened but pumpkin season has become a big thing, I mean a really BIG thing! You know what I am talking about, before summer is even over people start going gaga for pumpkin everything...pumpkin latte, pancakes, cookies, pie, oatmeal, even pumpkin beer. Whoa...

You guys...I have a confession...

Pumpkin isn't my jam!

I know, I know, how can I live in the Midwest and love fall and not love it? I just don't. Every year I try a bite of pumpkin pie...nope still not a fan. I have tried the pumpkin beer it was ok but I wouldn't drink one again. I do like pumpkin spice bars...those are yummy.

Anyway I want to like it, I try it here and there but it just isn't my thing. I do love to go to the pumpkin patch! This past year we hit up the pumpkin patch really early but my little one went right before Halloween with her grandparents  so this week I decided to feature our pumpkin carving adventure and Halloween. Make sure you head on over to the Heart 2 Heart blog this week to check out Pumpkin Spice challenge.


I am still working up a storm in my 2017 Pocket Page Album. I had so much fun with these pages. I know I mentioned last week that I sometimes use these smaller Pocket Plus Memory Protectors to make a busy week bigger and here is an example of that. 


I pulled out an old favorite the Artbooking Cartridge to make a lot of the details for each pocket. They have a really fun Halloween section. I used it for the round Halloween, the spider web, the film strip, the "trick or treat" the moon and the fence. I love how DS allows me to change the sizes on everything to make it fit to just the right size.


I didn't use it as much here I used it for the web frame and I also used the font from Artistry for "week 44".


I really enjoy making my own cards. I just add a little detail here and there and they all just kind of come together.


Here you can see some of the details a little better.


I also used the new Thin Cut Decorative Borders here with the paper tare at the top of this card.

And here on the little stitched scallop. I hand cut the banners. I also have Thin Cut Decorative Boarder stitching on the orange piece but it is hard to see.


I hope you enjoyed these pages. Make sure you stop on over to the H@H blog and show us what you come up with.




No comments:

Post a Comment