Friday, September 10, 2010

History, Mysteries and Gifts...

Well that is part of it anyway. I love the saying that is in the new stamp set The Present (D1436) I have heard it before but every time I hear it or see it, I just think it runs so true

"Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
that's why we call it
the Present"

This week over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges I found quite the challenge it was to use Autumn Terracotta, New England Evy, and Honey together on a project. I thought and though, I moved stuff around, I stamped this and that, tossed some bad ideas out and finally settled on this great card!

Now I took the photo's a little bit ago and the lighting is not the best but here they are I hope you enjoy...

I also used Colonial White and Desert Sand on the card. I distressed the edges to make them stand out against the tone on tone for the Autumn Terracotta.


Another fun thing that I did was use my Martha score board to make a diamond pattern and then I took mini brads and put them at all of the intersections. I normally do not put so much metal on a card but they were bitty brads ;)

Next I want to show you and tell you about the New England Ivy. I used a piece of patterned paper out of the Evergreen paper pack and cut it into a 1/2 strip then I folded every so often to mimic ribbon. I also took some embroidery thread and hand stitched through the middle. It turned out so cool! It also tied the Colonial White in a little better.
I hope you have enjoyed this card and I hope you can find your way over to Heart 2 Heart they have a prize available if 40 people play along....Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice card! Really like how you stamped the 'weeds' in the oval. And your diamond pattern background looks great - especially with all the bitty brads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Amy...now will you ever give it away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this color challenge, that diamond pattern is such and eye-catcher! Wonderfully designed, thanks for playing along with us this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a stunner, beautiful work and thanks for playing at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, it's full of techniques. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete