Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crafty Girls

So a while back a few of my friends and I realized we never stamp together any more just for fun. I thought it would be great to just set up a shoebox swap to get together and stamp! So we set up a date and decided even though we would love to get together every week to stamp and have great times that we really probably could only do it once every few months. So yesterday my friends came over to my place and stamped.

For those that do not know what a shoebox swap is I will tell you. A shoebox swap is a swap where you make and design a project and then prepare it so that everyone else can make one too. It usually fits into a shoebox...hence the name.

Here is what we came up with for yesterdays Crafty Girls swap




Here is my card I decided to do a clear card that was cheery. I know I am going to be working with lots of autumn colors coming up. I also wanted to showcase how you can emboss the clear cards. I actually think I like the card without the embossing but it is so fun to do and looks cool.




Next my friend Linda made a beautiful card that is perfect to send off and let someone know that you care.
I love using the marker to stamp technique it is the one thing I miss about rubber stamps. I can never get it to work the same way with acrylic ones so I do masking instead.

We also added a touch of distressing...

Next up my friend Theresa's card, I finally got to see up close how to cut around the nestabilites to make your image pop.



Next up is my friend Patti's card  she showed us how to make a pocket without a die and she gave us all a template to boot!

I also got to see these cute little clips from SU so now I need some. haha. I actually thought they were a lot bigger.


So after they left I kept made a few more cards so I will have more to share later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment