Monday, September 6, 2010

Celebrating someone special

So yesterday my grandmother celebrated a birthday. She turned 91 and she is absolutely amazing. She still drives and lives by herself. She is funny, beautiful, and wise. She loves company and has an amazing green thumb.  She has always had the most amazing garden. In her later years she has cut way back but her garden is still large and beautiful I suppose when you got it you got it. ha ha. Alright well I can go on for days about my grandma and hopefully you have a sweet grandma in your life too. So onto this card. I used the adorable set Friendship Jar as well as Friendship Jar Fillers from Papertrey Ink
I colored the jar and the flowers with Copics and I added Liquid Glass and some Glitz to really make the flowers pop.
Here you can see the Martha Stewart punch that I adore but have not used in just forever. I also added a little ribbon to balance the white on the card.

Here is a close up of the flowers and the glitz. I apologize for the blurry photo.

On the inside I used Party Pennants

Colors used: Pear cardstock and ink, Sunset cardstock and ink, Honey cardstock
Copics: B000, B02, Y02, Y06, YR02, YR04, YR07, C1, YG21, YG23, YG25 
Other: Martha Punch, 3M pop tape, Liquid Glass, Glitz, White Ribbon, Bitty Brads 

I thought it was a big success as she thought it was from the store.

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute! Really like the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eying that jar stamp at PTI--I may have to give in now!

    ReplyDelete