Thursday, August 2, 2012

Artiste - Day 2

Today I present to you a gable box.You probably came from Kathy's Creative Corner. As I was trying to decide what I wanted to do I came across this adorable project from 2009. I knew I HAD to make a watermelon box. (side note - my girls will laugh at me because for some reason I like watermelon stuff so much that I sent my daughter on picture day in a watermelon dress...matching socks...and wait for it...a matching hat. LOL She could kill me now but back then she ha no choice and she liked it too)

Ok back to my box...I love how it turned out! This would be perfect for a little picnic or a luncheon and you could put little treats in there or the cards in there.


The box is made with dotty paper then I wrapped waxy flax around it and added the buttons. I was not sure what I was going to use for the seeds but as I looked through my stamps I saw an explanation point! I just inked up the top and left the dot out and perfect little seeds happened. The cards are also from the Artiste Cartridge. 

I hope you like todays project and head on over to Roxybonds blog to see what yummy cuteness she has on display. Don't forget I have the list of bloggers along the sidebar over there ---- >

7 comments:

  1. How cute! Perfect for an august picnic- I must admit that I didn't even think of summer. I will be glad to see it leave here in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! I love your "side note" parents can be so funny :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE watermelons. This is too cute. The waxy flax totally makes it...abd the ruffly rind. :-)

    ReplyDelete