Monday, April 23, 2012

Make new friends...

and keep the old....you know how the song goes.

If you scrapbook you might know about this interesting fact that I heard a while back. The average that someone stays into scrapbooking is 7 years. Now I have scrapbooked for many many years, 17 in fact.  I know many of my friends though scrapbooking so at first I did not agree with this. Then I started thinking about my scrapbooking habbits adn the habbits of my firends. I used to get together with them once a month and scrapbook, we would go to local scrapbook stores and we would go away on weekends. Then we sort of just stopped doing those things. Are we still friends? Yes! Do we all still scrapbook? Most of us.  I guess this theory might be correct after all. I myself have fallen back in love with scrapbooking and some of my friends have too so we are again doing weekend retreats. 

So where am I going with this right? Well I decided that even though some of my friends are scrapbooking again that I wanted to give a local club for scrapbookers a try. They have been around for several years and I know quite a few of the members but I never manage to make the meetings, the crops are always when I have plans...sigh. Then something happened. They had a meeting on a night that I could actually go and check them out!! So I went and I had a ton of fun, everyone was very nice and welcoming and now I know a little more about what they do and when they meet and I am all giddy because I have a whole bunch of new people to get to know while scrapbooking! 

I had to get ready for the meeting pretty quick and so what is a girl to do? Why grab a Workshop on the Go! of course!! I had just got Cruisin' a few days before so I tossed the extra stuff I needed and took off. Can I just tell you I love kits! Ha...I know that you know this if you read my blog on a regular basis. I was able to get this whole page done less the photos, and embellishments. 


I was able to get this patchwork done and those lines....those were hard but I recently got the CTMH ruler and had I known how much easier it is to do cool stuff like this I would have ordered it years ago. Just another one of those didn't know I couldn't live without it things...sort of like waxy flax.

I changed up a few things. I didn't like the car in stamped in black on Juniper so I put it on white and changed the banner to Juniper. I also added two photo's here as well as more photo's on the page before. That is the thing I like about the WOTG not only do I like kits but I like patterns I often modify them here and there but it give me a place to start. 

Here are some close ups 

As you can see I popped up some of my letters here and there. 
 




Supplies - CTMH unless otherwise stated
Pattern Paper - Cuisin'
Cardstock - White Daisy, Juniper
Ink - Black, Grey Wool, Twilight

Stamps - Cruisin WOTG exclusive set, Cocktail Alphabet
Other - Dimensional Elements Numbers, Bottle Caps


1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh, how perfect is the Cruisin' paper for this layout, too?! Love it!! I'm glad you're blogging regularly again...I love your stuff and am enjoying catching up on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete