Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One good friend is worth a 1000 relatives!

Ha this stamp set has made me giggle ever since I first saw it in the Stampin' Up! catalog. It makes my friend laugh out loud. I heard it is retiring at the end of this month and so I broke down and got it as it was said friends birthday. I knew I could find other uses for it because it is so hilarious and it has those cute little lanterns too.
I decided to color the little girls with my Copics and then after I was done I would spray Luminer on them and cut the dresses to make them pop.

I think it turned out pretty cute.

I also added some stickles to these little circle flowers and to the flowers in their hair and their dresses. I mean come on can you ever have to much sparkle?

Here is the whole card.

I used some retired paper from CTMH it goes perfect with the little girls as the paper has an Asian feel to it.

Here you can see the shimmer a little more and a close up of my coloring.

I kept the lanterns simple

Here are all the colors I used.


Supplies - CTMH Cocoa Cardstock, CTMH Pattern Paper - Unforgettable (I couldn't remember the name LOL), Unforgettable my stickease, SU Whisper White cardstock,  memento tuxedo black ink, Copics, SU stamp Kimono Kids

2 comments:

  1. So very cute...I AM NOT Starting on a new addiction...I AM NOT buying copics;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said friend absolutely loved the card! And had to explain to family why she was laughing when she opened it. ;) It's perfect and I will treasure it always!!!

    ReplyDelete