Sunday, July 1, 2012

Exciting NEWS and Keeping Cool

So guess what I did. I decided to jump back out there in the scrapbook world and apply for a design team. I was pretty nervous when I saw the awesome work that is featured on their blog but decided to just go for it. Going for it is actually how I try and live my life. Sometimes I find myself thinking I am not good enough for this or that or not pretty enough or not thin enough but a few years ago I decided that I am who I am. I also want my girls to be confident and you know as much as you say to kids it is your actions that speak so loudly. So now I just try to believe in myself and when I am feeling nervous or not good enough I just suck it up and put on a smile and let life happen. You know what usually happens??? Dreams come true. I find that I am good enough and doors open and opportunity happens. 

Back to applying to the design team! I applied and guess what I am now a happy designer over at Practical Scrappers! I am joining a great team and am already having a fun time getting to know the other super talented designers. Look for my first assignment in the upcoming weeks. In the mean time make sure you go and check them out and follow their blog. 

Now some tips on keeping cool...let me tell you it involves an ice cream man and a yummy Sponge Bob on a stick!


A friend of mine Lisa has started a cool sketch blog. If you have been around this blog before you know that I love sketches. I was so happy to hear that she is working with another friend on a blog dedicated to sketches. She has been making sketches for years. If you like to be challenged and you like sketches go check them out Sketch-n-Scrap

The sketch was only a one pager so I made this page myself to go along with the sketch page.


Here is a close up and you can see I popped up some of the stickers. 


Here is the other part of my two pager and this is the one that came from the sketch. I know I featured a pin wheel a few posts ago. They are just so fun and really go great on a summer page. Have you had the chance to make one yet?


Here is another close up. You can see that I stamped the title and cut it out. I thought about leaving it together on some white cardstock but I always like the titles better cut apart.He


Here is a close up of the journaling, it is so fun to cut it apart. It also makes it nice because you can change it around to fit the space that you have set aside. 


I also did some stamping on the arrow sticker. 


Here is the sketch itself you can see that I didn't really change much. If you get the chance play along I hear they have some great prize opportunities.


Supplies - using up my CTMH stash
Cardstock - Wasabi - SU, White Daisy - CTMH
Pattern paper - Tinkerin' - CTMH
Ink - Sunflower Ink, Olive green marker
Stickers - My Stickease - CTMH
Stamps - Cocktail Alpha, A Typeface - CTMH
Embelishments- Bakers Twine Paradise Assortment - CTMH, Green Button 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for using my sketch Amy! I love these colors, that green is a pretty shade, your pinwheel is adorable (I need to try it) and I am loving the sketch stretched to a 2 pager! Plus, you rock on cutting out that title! WOW! I am so happy to see you joining us at Sketch N Scrap this week, and congrats on the DT at Practial Scrappers, you are so talented and will rock it over there! Have fun with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on DT! The title sure does grab you on this one--I love it!

    ReplyDelete