Thursday, June 28, 2012

I see a Pink Elephant in the room...

I had a great thing happen this week and have techonology to thank for it. I was talking to my upline about finally getting my groove back and wanting to work on a new project. Durring this conversation I asked her what she was working on and she said she was working on a project for a team meeting. Then she asked if I wanted to sit in on the meeting via FaceTime. I was so super excited and said yes of course I want to!!!

I had so much fun meeting everyone and was a bit envious of the weather as they got to sit outside I even saw my upline Jayma with a jacket in the sunshine. I was sitting in the dark with a fan on as it is pretty hot in the midwest right now. It went pretty smooth as we both had our iPhones proped up and we only ran into one or two snafu's. She lost a signal and I had to plug in which meant I had to flip my phone upside down...so it was a bit of a wild ride for 3 seconds. Haha I did end up bowing out a we bit early so I thought I would share with them as well as you my project that I was working on.

Since I knew they were going to be working on their projects and I figured I would find something to work on as well. I have been eyeballing this set for a while and picked it up before I moved so I thought now would be a great time to break it out. I knew I wanted to play with my Copics so I went ahead and inked up all of the images and sorted through them trying to decide which image that I wanted to use. The little elephant is the one that called my name the most.
  


I colored the elephant with my copics and I also colored the clear sparkles as well. I thought I had some pink ones that would match but I only had two and I needed six.


When I color an image I often like to color the main one and then I usually pop it up it give the card some added deminsion.


I also always like to finish the inside off as well.

I will do my best to get back to my studio in the next few days but I can't make any promises. It is suppose to be close to 100 every day and humid. I don't have central air just a window unit that doesn't quite reach my studio...but I will do my best. :)

Thank you ladies for letting me sit in I have a wonderful time and it was fun to "meet" all of you.

Supplies -Close to my Heart unless otherwise stated
Cardstock - Hollyhock, White Daisy
Pattern Paper - Lucy
Stamps - New Arrival
Embelishments - Clear Sparkles
Ink - Hollyhock, Tuxedo Black
Copics - R81, R83, R85, R89, Y21, G21


4 comments:

  1. Amy, Love the card. It was fun to "meet" you at Jayma's on Tuesday. Hopefully we can continue to include you in our future meetings too.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome and I am so glad to have you on board at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on Jayma's team! I love her! And I love your card. :)

    ReplyDelete