Thursday, February 23, 2012

Challenge is right


So I love challenges...and kits...and ...I am sure we will see more patterns emerge.  Oh I am also quickly becoming a huge fan of my Cricut, you know the one I have owned for 3 years. I keep going to these crops and everyone uses them and then this Art Philosophy from CTMH...well lets just say I am IN LOVE. Ok ok back to the reason for my post. It is the Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week. When I saw it I knew right away I wanted to use the Treasure Life stamp set. I was having a hard time making it work though so I took a few days and then tried again. Well that is just what I needed because tonight when I worked on it it came together perfect...err until I got the that cute flower that is where the challenge came from. I seriously love all of these flowers that come on this cartridge. I have a few flower dies but the great thing about the Art Philo is i can size them all different ways. Yee haw! I don't know why I found it so tricky tonight I just did. These flowers come together quick and I added some Juniper to the edges and a rhinestone brad in the middle. Adorable I tell you.

Do you have any tips or tricks to these flowers? I think they just take a little practice. How fun though playing with paper flowers. I am in like flynn.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Colonial White, Black (CTMH)
Pattern Paper: Wings (CTMH)
Ink: Black, Juniper (CTMH)
Embellishments:  Rhinestone Brad (CTMH)
Stamps: Treasure Life (CTMH)
Other: Art Philosophy Cricut  Cartridge (CTMH)