Friday, December 19, 2008

A little peek

I wanted to stop in today and show you what I have been working on. It is cold and snowy/icy here so I hope you are all keeping warm.

I used CTMH new Key To My Heart paper on my daughters first birthday invatations along with the Nursery Bash stamp set. I have been dying to use this set for ages and have not found the time.

I just adored the little piggy's so I chose them and finally got to break out my prisma's and gamasol. I have also been dying to do this technique but when you are pregnant or nursing you can't, so...yep it has been a while.

One of my other new fun things is the majic of the clear glitter pen. I got to use my friend Susans durring a fun stamping day and I knew I had to have one. I spent the next month searching high and low, near and far, then one day I thought I finally I found one Archiver's, which is where she got hers, but nope I accidently bought clear gel pens. Oh no! My friend Patti a.k.a. the enabler said I can have one of hers as she had an extra. Then Susan said she had an extra pack too! Whoo hooo....lots of glitter pens. I was so happy to have friends looking out for my needs.
So anyway enough about how I got the pen and the addiction to said pen. I glittered up the cup cake after I did the gamasol and color pencils and topped it off with some liquid glass. I also added some liquid glass to their nose so it looks all wet and shiny.
I just love the way the card came out. It is fun, it is playful, it is perfect for my little one year old. Here is the card in all of its glory. I am so sorry for the bad angle. I just couldn't get the right lighting so I will see if I can get a better shot of it and repost.
One last thing that I did was used the Simple Stitches set to make it look like I had sewn on the card. I love how it looks and I was going back and forth on this set as I used to have one from Hero Arts and I never used it but now that I can see right through the stamps...well I was able to line it up and go to town. This set just went on my wish list.
Have a great day and if you are in the winter weather zone stay safe and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment