Sunday, September 1, 2019

SNS Layout #184

I have a very special page for you today about a special lady. My grandma was to turn 100 years old in a few days on September 5th. Sadly she passed away a few weeks ago in late July. I knew when I saw this sketch I would want to feature her. I took a copy of this photo a while ago of her and her mom on the side of the mountain and she told me about this car and retold me the story of getting her license by sending just $1.00 to Nashville, no test or anything. 

I am looking forward to savoring my many many memories that I have of my grandma and putting them down on paper while they are still relatively fresh in my memories. I should have done better recording them. 


I cut the journaling into strips and added little metallic pearls to the flowers. I also fussy cut several sets of flowers and popped them up.


I also used a doily which I love but never ever use. So happy to try new thing in my pages. 


I used paper from Photo Play from the Free Bird line. It is so pretty and vintage but also very bright and cheerful. Perfect for older photos. We hope you can join us over at Sketch N Scrap.



1 comment:

  1. Now I want more of this line (I already used mine up except for a few scraps!) This is an amazing layout, I love everything about it! So interesting to see those old photos and hear those stories from your sweet grandma! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete