Monday, August 4, 2014

For your SuperStar Teacher!

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great day. Today is a great day for me...it is the day I share my first project for the Craftin' and Stampin' Design Team. Whoo hooo...fun fun fun. 

I have a fun little card that is perfect back to school teacher card.  I made this fun little card using the new Chalk It Up paper. Now this can be a thank you now starting off the year or you can hold it back for Teacher Appreciation week, the end of the year...or use it if you your sweet little child has done something super naughty and you need to butter him/her (the teacher) up. {wink}{wink} Just kidding on that last one.
























Isn't this paper just sooooo cute? I love it and it is super versatile. Wait until you see the rest of my projects I have in store for you later this month.

Here is a close up of the details of the card. I actually cut the square image twice and stamped one in Lagoon and one in Black. Then I cut the black on out and put it on top of the lagoon. I also cut that overlay in the middle down to size.
























Tip: Did you know that you can get 3 cards out of a 12" x 12" sheet of paper if you fold down from the top and make your cards 5 1/2" x 4" and no one ever notices that your card is a 1/4" smaller OR you can do what I did and add a little fun boarder along the side to make it the standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card. This also comes in handy if you want to hang a banner  or another shape over the side of your card and still fit into the envelope.


















Have you seen the gorgeous new Close to my Heart Annual Inspirations Catalog yet? Click here and go take a look!!

Supplies*:
Cardstock - White Daisy (1385), Black (1386), Slate (X5930), Lagoon (X5762)
Pattern Paper - Chalk It Up (X7184B)
Inks - Black (Z2105), Slate (Z2173), Lagoon (Z2195)
Stamps - Art Philosophy, Oodles of Doodles (B1449)
Cricut Cartridges - Art Philosophy (Z1686), Artiste (Z1790)
Embellishments - Chalk It Up Assortment (Z3009)
Other - Make it From the Heart Vol. II (9042) - pattern 26
*All supplies are from Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted.

You can find all of these awesome Close to my Heart products at Jessica's CTMH store. Don't forget to check out the rest of the design teams blogs throughout the week. You can find a link in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment