Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to School

We went back to school this week. I thought I would make this cute card for my little one to celebrate. She is still young enough where back to school is still super duper!

As I was trying to get some inspiration for this card I was flipping though old idea books and came across one from the Autumn/Winter 2013/2014 Idea Book on page 104. Even though I am thinking about back to school and it is a wood grain I liked it. I started thinking and playing around with ideas and here is what I came up with.

I really liked the idea of an overlay and I was originally going to stick with the wood-grain since pencils and desks are wood and apples grow on trees...anyway I decided the alpha was more school like so I went with that. Glad I did cause it is perfect for what I was going for!

The overlay, the apple, the folder and all the text came from the CTMH Artbooking cartridge. See it isn't just for scrapbook pages.

This card actually has no stamping on it. It is rare that I make cards like that but I enjoy doing something a little different now and then.

I actually cut the apple out twice once in Pear (ha) and once in Ruby. I cut off the leaf and colored the stem with some colored pencils. I layered the apple and popped it up.

Here you can see the close of up the little file folder. I originally planned to put something inside but I really couldn't come up with any ideas so I sealed it shut...besides it says right there that it is Top Secret!

You have a better view of the apple here. Oh yes I also added some highlights to it as well.
















I almost always finish up the insides of my cards. This time I added a second little apple and cut out the words First day.

I did the same thing to this apple and tucked it under the words. I also trimmed this arrow so that it functioned as a paperclip. Never be afraid to change up the images or cut them apart.


















Enjoy

Supplies*:Cardstock - Champagne (X5931), Black (1386), Lagoon (X5762), Ruby (X5927), Pear (X5764)
Pattern Paper - Chalk It Up (X7184B)
Cricut Cartridges - Artbooking (Z1906)
*All supplies are from Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted.

You can find all of these awesome Close to my Heart products at Jessica's CTMH store. Don't forget to check out the rest of the design teams blogs throughout the week. You can find a link in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment