Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week of Wonder- Have you heard of it?

This year Jeanette Lynton will be doing 52 weeks of wonder at her blog. Each week instead of having a color set to play with she is going to have a stamping technique. Some of them might be simple and some a little more advanced. I can't wait to learn new things and revisit old things.
She featured generational stamping with a twist. Generation stamping is when you ink up your stamp and then stamp on a piece of scratch paper and then on your project. You can get all sorts of shade with a small number of ink pads. The twist is coming back in with a blender pen and coloring parts of the cut out image. I love it! I think it turned out really cool in these leaves.

I added it to a scrapbook page as I have been on a scrapbooking kick and I am so happy to finally be stamping and scrapping at the same time!

Close up of the left page

You can see Mai was not to interested in watching the parade as she was hiding her face in mommy or daddys neck. Maybe next year she will like it more. Here is the right page

doesn't my cousin look so cute? She dressed up like Pippi Longstocking.  Then I have one more last look.

The papers came from the November Kit over at Personal Scrapper. The leaves came from the Many Thanks CTMH stamp set a personal favorite.

1 comment: