Friday, April 16, 2010

1-2-3 a little flower for me!

This week over at Heart 2 Heart Challenge it is a 1-2-3 challenge.

*Use 1 stamped image (not 1 set, but 1 image)

*Use 2 different patterned papers
*Use 3 embellishments - these can be 3 of the same thing or 3 different things

I was like pht...I got this in the bag I have lots of patterned paper that I have been wanting to mix and match and I have stamps and embelishments. Well let me just say this really was a challenge! It is much harder than it sounds.

After lots and lots of digging and pulling out and putting back I decided on my colors and my patterns. I picked the Crystal Blue patterned paper from Twitterpatted and the Hollyhock pattern paper from Bella. I like the way the celery cardstock looked with that combo so now I needed to find the stamp. I decided to go with my new found old love Cottage Floral.



since it is a flower and I need a stemp for it I decided to just use cardstock and one of my embelishments for it. I tied some ribbon around the stem for the leaves and added a button for the inside of the flower. Then I cut the grass with my paper snips. I though the perfect place for my third embelishment would be my eyelets. I added the eyelets to the pattern paper and made the color pop with some white behind it and wala my finished card. I hope you like it.



I hope you can join in on these challenges they are just so much fun. Alright well I am off today I am going to go make some more cards and maybe even a scrapbook page or two.

9 comments:

  1. Cute card...love your explanation of the "process"...spoken like a true scrapper!!! Thanks for playing along again this week, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I have been meaning to play with my Cottage Floral stamps again but haven't taken the time. thanks for the inspiration and for playing with H2H again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the ribbon as leaves. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card and your blog is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! I love the ribbon as leaves, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up with all the blogging after being away for a week. Sjoe girl, you have been creating...mind sharing your mojo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Love the color combo and the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the challenge isn't as easy as it sounds...I love the little squares on the side and how you used the ribbon as the leaves - nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ribbon leaves in particular! Cute card. :)

    ReplyDelete