Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seriously...

So I saw Ms. Chillin when the new idea book came out and I knew that I had to have her right away! As a mom of two teenage girls I could just see so many fun cards and scrapbook pages in my head and here is one of them. I made this for my middle daughter Savannah and even though you would never know it I used Copics to color her in. I have been trying to build up my collection and hone in on my technique watching YouTube videos and what not. I love love love to color which was another reason I wanted this set.  

I used the level 2 Boom-di-ada paper pack it is so fresh and fun and full of spring. Spring...ahhh it cannot come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. I now this is a random question but what is copics...is it like koki pens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I had never heard of koki pens so I went and did a search for them and it turns out it is a South African name for a felt tip pen. I gotta say I like koki better.

    I am not sure what kind of ink Koki's have. Copics do have a felt tip and hold alcohol based ink that dries acid free. They give amazing color depth, blending them is really fun and amazing though it does take a practice to get the proper technique down. They are refillable and you can replace the nibs (tips) you can even air brush with them, though I do not. I have tried it though and it is very fun. You can do amazing things with them!

    They were originally made for high quality illustrators. They are used by Architects, Magna Artists (think Japanese Anemi Comics), and other product renderings. A few years ago stampers got a hold of them and now they are very popular.

    You will be seeing me use them more and more on my blog. I have a bunch and I love love love to color. I have been practicing and researching how to get the best results so...I hope to improve and amaze everyone in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete