Friday, January 8, 2010

The comfy couch

I have had this Welcome Home set for a while...I knew I had to have it when I saw it as it was so cute! I am finally getting to play with it and enjoying the end result. I just could not get it to work for me at first.

For this card I fell back into one of my favorite patterns that I got from the Stampin' Up! catalog many moons ago. It was done up in pastels and had a little birdie on the front. It was so cute. I just think the blocks are so versatile you can do a simple pattern like this or really mix it up like my friend Patti on this cute birthday card.

I also been experimenting with mixing up our paper packets ever since I saw a whole segment on talking about how fun it is to mix and match on Art & Soul: Fall Surprises. On this card I used a base of Colonial White and then added a little Tulip and mixed that with some Chocolate and bam! The little square are from the Jingle level 2 paper pack and the Twitterpated level two paper pack. Now I am all for mixing and matching but who would have thought those two would work together so well? Onto the couch...I stamped the one in Tulip and then stamped the image again in Chocolate. I cut the bottom half of the chocolate image and layered it onto the tulip image and then colored in the pillows using a water brush. I also sponged the sides of all the Colonial White and then added the scallops and the brads.

Supplies:
Welcome Home stamp set
PTI stamp set for the sentiment
Jingle Level 2 paper pack
Twitterpatted Level 2 paper pack
Colonial White cardstock
Tulip cardstock & Ink
Chocolate cardstock & Ink
Tulip brads

2 comments:

  1. The 'square' background is just perfect for behind the couch. Really cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great details that all come together for an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete