Sunday, October 25, 2009

Black, White & a little Technicolor sneek peek

So I have a million cards that I need to make and send. Since I had a party to go to last night I though I would start with the birthday cards first. This is for a family friend who was turning 60 and it was a suprise party. I could seem to get the card done all week so this ended up as a last minute card. I did manage to finish it and added some shiny stuff and left it to dry while I went and got dressed.

I used paper from Game On and the stamp set is from last months freebie promotion. Everyday Expressions. I wanted to use the stamp set from the Jingle work shop on the go kit but I am still putting stuff away and well I can't find it anywhere. I know it is here...ugh.

I tried to get a close up of the stickles but I couldn't get it t focus however you can see the brads they just add a little more depth to the card.

I wanted to do a few more fancy things but I wanted to make my dad's card a little more special than this one so I did all the stuff I wanted to do to this card to his.

On his card I did the balloons. I had done the cake but I could not get the chip board to work. I have three of the balloons popped up and I also made them sparkly as well.

The chip board is just some that I had lying around and it was naked so I colored it black. Fot the balloon ties I just did a little free hand loop de loops.

I wanted to keep it pretty simple but I do like the way it turned out. Now I just have to go and buy the gift. I am getting my dad a crock pot! LOL I know it is a weird gift for a 60 year old man but he has been talking about wanting one and he lives by himself  and craves the home cooked meal.

Now for a little color...in a few short days I am going to be participating in a blog hop. These hops are so so much fun! it is such a great way to get ideas for the latest and greatest stamp of the month.  Here is ajust a tiny little peice of my project. I hope you will come back to see it on November 1st!

2 comments:

  1. Amy what adorable cards. I think a crocpot is a great idea for your Dad - they are so easy to use and the results are so satisfying in cold weather
    Helena (a shimelle classmate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...came to you via Shimelle....love your cards and scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete