Monday, April 25, 2016

Flip Flops or Fancy Folds - BTF Challenge 20A

Our Challenge for the next two weeks is using Flip Flaps or Fancy Folds.
 

You don't have to use CTMH Flip Flaps to participate, you may choose to use some sort of Fancy Fold and there has to be some CTMH product on your project.
 
Hello Fancy Folds. I really love Easel Cards so when I saw this was an upcoming challenge I got busy and put my thinking cap on.
 
I wanted to do something really special for my boyfriends daughter. She turned 18 recently. I thought it would be a lot of fun to do a birthday cake. For this card I used an older kit from CTMH called Brushed. It is just gorgeous and super girly. I added a little bronze glitter tape to mimic the cake stand.
 
 
Here is a side view. I added a little bling on the inside so that the card had something to hang on to and stay open. While I was working on that I decided I also wanted a banner to go along with it. The sticker sheet that came with this kit had those cute little banners 10 of them. I stuck them back to back and added some waxy flax...oh how I miss being able to get ahold of waxy flax...I made the ends a little knot and then twilled them around so that they hang nicely. I had some chipboard laying around and found two long banners punched a hole in them and made them into the cake sticks to hold the banner.
 
 
I was super excited to find some foam letters in my stash that were also bronze it is literally a perfect match!  I also added some vellum flowers and some more bling so you couldn't tell that the bling was the stand for the easel.
 
 

Here is one last look at the outside. I also added some cute little metal flowers that went along with Brushed and some more bling.


 I got the cake from a cricut cartridge called sweet treats. To do the Easel Card you just cut cardstock 4 1/4 x 11 and fold at 5 1/2 and again at 2 3/4. Then you attach a card front to the Easel and wala a work of art.

We hope you are able to carve out some time in your scrap space to play along with us. We would love to see your projects using Flip Flaps or Fancy Folds.

All submissions must have some Close To My Heart product on it and if the CTMH product you used isn't obvious, please let us know what you used. Please see the right side bar to read all the rules for submitting to our challenges.

You have until Monday, May 9, 2016 at 11:55 p.m. Eastern Standard Time to participate in this challenge.

Have a great day!

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment