Saturday, February 28, 2009

My cute little girl...

I have not bought wood mounted stamps in forever. I love to be able to see where I am putting my image. When I saw this sweet little girl and her kitty in the new SU catalog I put a tab on her page and tried to talk myself out of it. I asked all of my friends if they were going to buy her.
Nope...not even one was interested.
I knew I had to haver her she reminded me of my youth. Look at how sweet she is with her basket of flowers and the little kitty by her side.
I was also excited because I knew I wanted to use my Copics, my long lost Copics. I love them and yet I have been ignoring them for so long. Partly because I really need more. I don't have a lot of colors even though I have over 20 markers.
That is why you see the other markers sitting here too. I can't wait to color the girl on the swing but I want to get some of that cute flower stuff that you stick to the card with glue and it looks like real flowers. I also really need to get some skin colors and some browns.
I will just add them to my list of things I need...can we say nestabilities? I really need those! Seriously...
Here is the full card. I used mostly SU supplies. I had some Rose Red patterned paper. So I mounted that on Rose Red to off set it. Then took Always Artichoke and put Mello Moss on top of that.
Double mounted my little friend in greens and the sayings in the Rose.
The cute little flower is from Close to my Heart and the leaves are made from green twill. I also added a sparkly brad to the inside of the flower.
You can see that here with the detail.
I love the way the leaves turned out.
I thought myself so cleaver. Haha...I don't know why I had never thought of that before.
Here is the inside of the card. Enjoy. This is for the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge 199.

No comments:

Post a Comment