Monday, November 12, 2018

H2H - Spotlight On...


You guys, have you seen this November Stamp of the Month? I love it. I have been making cards left and right with it. When I found out that the challenge for this week the challenge at Heart 2 Heart was going to be Spotlight On...I decided I wanted to create a scene featuring a blue sky. I have always loved this technique but for some reason I really have only done if a couple of times so this was super fun to revisit it.


To create this look I stamped two trees onto White Daisy cardstock. I took the first tree and added some ground cover and then attached it to some Candy Apple cardstock. On the other piece I stamped the little bird and some little stars using VersaMark pad and then I put some embossing powder on top of that. I then used a sponge dauber to swirl around Sapphire ink creating a night sky. Next I used a Thin Cuts - Basic Circle to cut out part of the scene and matched it up to the first tree.
To finish the card off I mounted it on my favorite buffalo pattern paper from the Hello Pumpkin Paper Packet and added some Clear Sparkles.


I really wanted to add a little bit of the Silver Embellishing Thread around the bottom but I couldn't find it. I must not have ordered it so I ordered some and I will add that to the card once it comes to finish it off.

Please make sure you stop by the other H2H Design Team Blogs to see what they came up with using this fun technique.

Supplies
all CTMH unless otherwise noted

Cardstock - White Daisy, Candy Apple
Paper Pack - Hello Pumpkin 
Ink - Black, VersaMark, Sapphire, Candy Apple
Stamps - Seasonal Trees
Other - Clear Embossing Powder, Circle Thin Cuts,  Clear Sparkles



No comments:

Post a Comment