Sunday, February 20, 2011

California Dreaming...

Scraptivations is having a really cool challenge that is called

Would you rather...
  • use a die-cut/punch or fussy cut something?
  • scrap something hard to scrap about or hardly ever scrapped about?
  • use a music title or a movie/TV title?
My hardly ever scrapped - my childhood. I always scrap my girls childhood but never my childhood or my brother either. I am actually not sure that I have ever scrapped about my childhood. Here is my die cut...two actually the boarder and the journaling box.

Here is a close up of my flowers and my hand stitching. Fancy huh? This paper with the tree's remind me of some shirts we had when we were little and living in California.

Here is my movie title: Club Paradise

Here is what the journaling says:


When we were young we were so creative! We loved to spend time out in the world collecting things...from the trash. We finally had enough to make an awesome fort. Some of my personal favorites are the stools, his is broken and mine is an over turned crate. We also seem to have a lot of books for me!

 

{club paradise supplies}

April 2008 Personal Scrapper Kit
Crate Paper Static Collection Road
Felt Flowers & Brads from Kit
Twill from Stampin' Up!
Buttons Chocolate collection from Papertrey Ink
Waxy Flax from Close To My Heart
Die-a-namics scallop die from My Favorite Things
Mat Stack 5 die from Papertrey Ink
Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger stamp
Cocoa ink from Close To My Heart

2 comments:

  1. great minds think alike! I did the same type of layout for the same 2 challenges! LOL! I just loved this layout, it is so fun and the colors and design are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you created for the challenge! Fabulous job! So happy you played along at Scraptivations!

    ReplyDelete