Monday, May 10, 2010

H2H techie in paradise

I have a little something to share with all of you tonight. I am working on a really cool mini book about a trip I took to LA last year. I was able to visit with a dear friend and spend some time at the beach. I was really happy to be able to get back to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge's as I have missed a few of them.

I thought this would be a perfect time to show a simple technique with you. Distressing, it is easy...fun...and adds so much to a project. One of  my friends thinks I distress everything but I beg to differ alas this little mini needs some stress...err distress.

 

Usually I just take some snips and open them up and scrap along the edge of the paper. Once that is done I usually push the cardstock forward and back with my finger.



Here is what the mini looks like as you can see the edges have all been destressed. Once I did that I inked up the edges of all the sides. I also inked up the edges of the tan board papers. (that is hard to see in this photo)

Here is a close up of the flower I added some pop dots and some stardust glitz. I just love that stuff!


Details
Moon Doggie - Level 2 paper kit
Moon Doggie - Level 2 My Stickease
Journey journaling spots
Stardust Glitz
Extreme Happiness
Surf's Up
Garden Green Ink
Cranberry Ink
Goldrush Ink
Bamboo Ink
Bambo Brads

You can find these items at my website.

7 comments:

  1. Good way to relieve some stress...distress something! Love you mini album, the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with distressing! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Love how you did the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You can never do too much distressing!! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' the stardust glitz on the flower!! And what a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover, I love the colours and paper placement...great distressing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know that stressed backwards is Desserts!!!! Chocolate & distressing go hand-in-hand with paper-crafting. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete