Thursday, December 31, 2009

It is a "True" blog hop with "True Friends"

Welcome, welcome, welcome...Happy New Year!!!

Can you believe that it is 2010 already? WOW!

This month our blog hop features a great journaling/sentiment stamp set called True Friends. If you came here from Deb Young's blog then you are in the right place. This set of 11 is so adorable and fun. It features brackets that are perfect for journaling and some sentiments that are great for cards. This time around I decided this set would be "Perfect" for a card...I used Perfect Day paper, which is just one of my favorites.

True Friends is Available January 1–31, 2009 only


Purchase $25 and it's only $17.21
Purchase $50 and it's only $11.48
Purchase $75 and it's only $5.74
Purchase $100 and it's FREE


Here is the card I came up with. Isn't it so lovely? I have some friends that could really use some cards that scream cheery without saying hi I am a cheery card so hopefully they will find it warm inviting and smile when they receive it knowing that I am thinking of them.

I mounted the floral patterened paper onto Sorbet and  then mounted the Colonial White and the striped paper on top of that. I also punched the striped paper with a Martha Stewart punch and then I wanted something to stand out so I took the little stamp that looks stitching out of the Somethin' special set from the Jingle WOTG. The stamp set is now available in the Spring Idea Book.


I am also really into finishing my cards. I always have been so it is so nice that the rest of the card making world is following suit. Here is what I did, just brought the design into the inside and left plenty of room to write a note. I also did my punching and my faux stitching here.
I hope you have enjoyed this months blog hope now you can continue onto Sheila Bennett's blog and please enjoy your day!

19 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and a pretty set! I'm jealous that you're stamping. I just can't find my mojo! Can I request a birthday card class??? Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving your card with Perfect Day. I love all the little extra details you completed on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I love how you finished in the inside. Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! That stamp set looks great with the Perfect Day paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I like how you turned the frame to hold the sentiment and the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card - the label stands out so nicely with the flower cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty in Perfect day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spin you put on the frame and LOVE the inside decorating...I think it just "makes" the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the Perfect Day papers!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete