Monday, February 28, 2011

Finding Focus

with scrapbooking. You know I spend a lot of time dreaming about paper and how to use it. I decided that I need to stop dreaming so much and just do it. I finally chosee my word of the year and that word is Transformation. I want to transform my body, my house, my fiances, my time management, my routine. Pretty much everything. I just need a major overhaul. Sometimes it is good just to take a step back and re-focus. Anyway this is a blog about paper crafts right? Yep so lets get to it. I had a busy weekend but still managed to get a few pages done. I ran across this sketch a few weeks ago and then I couldn't remember where I had seen it! It looks so similar to this sketch that I kept seeing everywhere. I finally found the one I had seen when looking for other ideas over at Got Sketch, I just love Valerie's style. Here is my take on Sketch 110

as I was searching for my sketch I noticed a few things at my favorite scrapbooking blogs

It's all in the little details like layers

and the dimension

and the details

and the story

then it all comes together!

The crazy thing is I know all this. I have been scrapping for years but sometimes it is easy to lose your focus.

{My Corny Girls}
Cardstock - Bazzil and We R Memory Keepers line Be My Valentine line from the February Kit at Personal Scrapper
Thickars (also in kit)
Dear Lizzie glitter brads (also in kit)
Waxy Flax from CTMH
Pop Dots
Fiskars boarder punch

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your layout, Amy! Glad you liked the sketch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love the heart banner and how you elevated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your title! Great job with all the details. Fun, creative page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is lovely Amy! I love your one little word, this is powerful stuff, isn't it? Amazing how one little word can challenge to be the best we can be!

    ReplyDelete