Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Enjoy...


That is what the sign says that I made for a co-worker who recently retired. For the past 7 1/2 years we have worked together side by side. For at least half of those years I have been telling her to retire, she deserves it and will love it. She loves to quilt and so when we decided to make banners for her party I knew what I wanted to do. Make a cool banner that looks like a quilt. After many false starts with all sorts of different papers I finally went with A Perfect Day and the word Enjoy.

After I decided which quilts to use I marked out my grid and cut all my tiny pieces. Mmmm...who's idea was this anyway. Haha
I found my quilts online and used real ones as a guide of where to put what pattern paper

Making progress

Some of the bits hung off the edge but I knew I was going to cut it with the Top Notch Die from Stampin Up

Ok here are the individual letters. I hope you like them.


In the end I decided to put the banner up and down so that if she wanted to she can hang it in her sewing room.

Materials: Perfect Day from CTMH, Die from PaperTrey Ink Mat Stack 2, Buttons and Waxy Flax from CTMH, Cocoa Cardstock, Juniper Cardstock, Tulip Cardstock, Chipboard Letters Stampin Up