Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spotlight Wishes

Hello and welcome to my blog. I hav  been working on revamping it and really love the way it has turned out. Please take a moment to look around and let me know if you like my new layout. Tonight I am posting about our Wishes Card Confidence Program Each month a group of us like to place a spotlight on current products that you may or might not have. If you do not have exactly what I have used, please just sub out the paper and products that you like. Hopefully you have found your way from Lori Browns blog if not and you are just starting out here please enjoy our hop.

 Lets face it some people really got it going on when it comes to making cards. Personally I love to make them as they are instant gratification. They are also a great way to use up some of your scraps from scrapbook pages. Sometimes I can come up with something and sometimes I need a little help to get me started. That is why I love our card confidence program. Wishes is a fabulous book full of detailed sketches, instructions, and samples.

Here is the sketch that I am using tonight

Now I didn't put all the cutting instructions or the samples on here but if you would like some details please let me know and I can get them to you. If you would like to own a copy of this book you can order one here.

I decided to use up my leftovers from my Cherry-O workshop on the go kit. I just think this kit is so much fun. I do appologize my colors are a little funky in this shot. the colors are Chocolate, Sweet Leaf, and the B&T pattern paper. The stamp set is called Bowl of Cherries.
Here is another shot where you can see some of the layers. I cut out each of the cherries as well as the bowl and used pop dots. I also love the way the crochet ribbon looks with this pack of paper. Ohh la la...

Please enjoy the rest of the spotlight on Wishes hop....next up is Melissa Burch I hope you enjoyed my card.


Oh and one more tip...when applying your Glitz set it aside and let it dry. I found my card stuck to my book. Whoops...lol no harm done though it is still all glittery and in the right spots.

Details:
Wishes - City Scape pattern
Bowl of Cherries stamp set
Chocolate Cardstock
Sweetleaf Cardstock
White Daisy Cardstock
B&T pattern paper - Cherry O
Crochet Ribbon
Pop dot
Stardust Glitz
Tulip, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Chocolate Ink


6 comments:

  1. Lovely card Amy...looking forward to see your new blog develop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you rotated the card makes it look so fresh. Love those cherries and the glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card, I love that little bowl of cherries. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I like the scalloped edge and your bowl of cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cheeries and the glitz! This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. It is so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete