Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Off on an adventure

I hope you have been able to join in our fun over on Facebook for the Bountiful Blessings Crop...speaking of blessings this is sketch #4 at our crop but you still have time to join in the fun!

I am sharing a card I made for my husband. He recently changed careers and just got his CDL. He has been talking about doing this ever since I met him so I am just so happy that he was able to pursue and complete one of his dreams. He started his first job and I wanted to give him a nice card to start off his adventure. 

I looked through my stamps and found several cars, vans, and even a motorcycle. I couldn't find a semi or anything I liked so I looked up what I had available on my cricut. Sure enough I found a truck but I wanted a flat bed. I decided to slice it up and make my own flat bed, since that is what he will be driving. 

I decided to add a sentiment for his load. Fussy cut a few clouds, tore the "road" and added some heart clouds. Over all it came together really fast and I was happy with the end result.


Here you can see all the layers on the truck and I also popped up the base.


I like to coordinate the inside of my cards. I left this one blank so I could write mushy stuff in there.


Here is the sketch that I used as a starting point for my card. I stayed pretty true to the layout. I just moved the sentiment from the bottom to the truck bed. Sketch #62


Join in our monthly Facebook Crop - November 11-25, Bountiful Blessings Crop you can upload your projects through November 30 at 9:55 pm CST. 

Supplies:
Stamps - A Journey - CTMH
Ink - Memento Cocoa
Cardstock - American Crafts Vanilla 
Pattern Paper - Jillibean Apple Cheddar Soup,  Bella Blvd Finally Fall
Other: Cricut image, brown ribbon, Apple Cheddar stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment