Friday, July 22, 2011

A little love

So do you ever just have one of those days, or weeks, or even months where nothing is going right and you just wonder how much more you can handle? Well I made this for just such a time. I know that I have a lot to handle right now but some of my friends have even more going on. I know that if I were to receive a nice little note in the mail it would make my whole day and so I want to make someones day.
I decided I wanted to use the cute little girl from Inspired Stamps - His Little Ones: Patriotic girl with heart only I didn't need her to be patriotic only loving. awww...I {heart} Inspired Stamps. So I gave her a little chipboard heart and covered it with paper. As I was doing this I was trying to decide what else this adorable little one could hold! I wanted to do a sentiment on the front and was trying to decide what I wanted to do with it and decided to do a double banner er or a banner of sorts. I {heart} banners and I am super glad they are all the rage right now because you can just never seem to go wrong with one. So here is my "loved" banner. ;) nice little word play there. I used the "You are Loved" sentiment from More Perfect Sentiments 

You can see some of the layers here at this angle. I decided to color with my Copics I {heart} Copics. I cut her out for added oomph and popped her up to give a little added dimension. Adding the three little red pearls added just a little something extra.
Question: What do you think of her hair? I am pretty confident with my coloring skills as I have established many times I love love love to color with all mediums. What I have noticed though with my Copics is I am not so confident with hair and I need to practice practice practice.


Well I hope you enjoyed my little pick me up...my little love. Also we learned a lot about me in this post ;)
  • I {heart} Inspired Stamps
  • I {heart} Banners
  • I {heart} Copics
I also {heart} free stuff and comments so don't forget to go to this post because today is the last day to enter to win a FREE Inspired Stamp set of your choice (minus the colorable alphabet) you can also increase your chances to win by visiting the Inspired Stamps blog as well as the other DT members BelindaDeneen, Jan, Jenn, Lynn, Melissa, Shana, and Sylvia. Don't forget to also like the Inspired Stamps Facebook Page  and visit the store to start dreaming of what stamp you would pick out if you are the lucky winner!

Supplies
Stamps - (Inspired Stamps) His Little Ones- Patriotic girl with heart, More Perfect Sentiments
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers - (Copics) R35, R39, YG95, YG99, B21, E50, R20, Y21, Y23, E31, E 57, E55
Cardstock -(Close to my Heart) Colonial White, Cocoa
Pattern Paper - Echo Park For the Record Line
Other: Heart Chipboard, Queen & Co Classy Red Pearls, Pop Dots

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I {heart} her hair and the colors of the whole thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I {heart} everything about your post!! She is perfect on your card...really fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete