Sunday, May 22, 2011

Binky binky...where is my binky.

Hey everyone. Sorry this is a little late. Hopefully it won't disappoint. I was away at a Scrapbook Retreat this weekend which means I scrapbooked a lot and guess what I found there! My MOJO!!! I had so so much fun and I got tons of pages done which means I will be back to blogging on a regular basis. Yay.

Ok so Binky...Over at Scraptivations we have another great challenge. I was really not sure what I was going to do for challenge 5 which was to scrap something inanimate. Now I must say I was like huh...but I went and looked it up and saw that it was just something that doesn't move. Now most of my subjects are kids so you can see the challenge this posed for me.

Once I decided what to scrap I went around the house and collected the binky's and set up a photo shoot.

I finally had a chance to try a new technique that I have admired for a while.  Coloring with my copics on color paper. I was doing red letters with an outline alpha from PTI. I matched up the reds and did some shading.

Once I had them shaded the way I wanted I cut them out and layered them.

did a little strip journal and then moved on to paper peicing. Wow so many techniques on this page. I colored her face with my Copics and then stamped her on two sheets of pattern paper.

Here she is ready to assemble

and all together now. When my toddler saw this she said "Maidie" in her cute little voice. Funny thing is she looks just like this little PI girl.

I added some chip board and some other details.

A little more stamping under the embellishments and wala a finished page.

 

this paper is from an old Stampin' Up! kit that I had. I have been really been trying to use what I have.

Have you ever scrapped an inanimate object? Won't you join us?

No comments:

Post a Comment