Monday, May 10, 2010

H2H techie in paradise

I have a little something to share with all of you tonight. I am working on a really cool mini book about a trip I took to LA last year. I was able to visit with a dear friend and spend some time at the beach. I was really happy to be able to get back to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge's as I have missed a few of them.

I thought this would be a perfect time to show a simple technique with you. Distressing, it is easy...fun...and adds so much to a project. One of  my friends thinks I distress everything but I beg to differ alas this little mini needs some stress...err distress.

 

Usually I just take some snips and open them up and scrap along the edge of the paper. Once that is done I usually push the cardstock forward and back with my finger.



Here is what the mini looks like as you can see the edges have all been destressed. Once I did that I inked up the edges of all the sides. I also inked up the edges of the tan board papers. (that is hard to see in this photo)

Here is a close up of the flower I added some pop dots and some stardust glitz. I just love that stuff!


Details
Moon Doggie - Level 2 paper kit
Moon Doggie - Level 2 My Stickease
Journey journaling spots
Stardust Glitz
Extreme Happiness
Surf's Up
Garden Green Ink
Cranberry Ink
Goldrush Ink
Bamboo Ink
Bambo Brads

You can find these items at my website.