Thursday, January 14, 2010

Where the boys are...

Boys...so cute but I guess I am not destin to have one.

When I was pregnant with my first all of my friends that were also pregnant all had boys and I had the only girl. With my second everyone else was having girls too. With my third well all my friends had stopped having babies a long time ago...haha!

I knew for sure that Danielle was a girl I just knew it and I was right. With Savannah everything was different and I thought for sure she was a boy. Even though everyone says; oh pregnancies are all different I of course did not beleive them and knew she was a boy. When she was born and the doctor said its a girl I was like really are you sure. Haha! She was just so active in there I just thought...well anyway I was wrong she was a girl and a very beautiful one at that. With Maizie the pregnacy was again very different from the others, but I found out so I knew all along. Anyway back to stamping right?

I sometimes sell my cards at work and so the story goes...I got a text and my co-worker who has only boys and doesn't make cards. She knits and does cross-stitch. Anyway I am really getting off subject today, she texted me and asked if I had any thank you cards. I actually didnt' so I aksed her what kind she was looking for and she said some for a little boy I was like "Ohhhh....really!" I thought how fun I never ever get to make boy stuff!!!

So I started making boy stuff and it was so much fun. I knew right away what paper I was going to use! I have had Stardust for a while but have never had the chance to use it. I was very thrilled because I knew she would love them as he had a Star Wars theme birthday party. Obviously the card and stamp set doesn't look like Star Wars stuff but it has a fun space theme! It was so fun to use Reach for the Stars, a set I just had to have even though I wasn't sure I would be able to use it right away since again I don't have boys. I am so glad I splurged and got it.
I went through the Wishes book and though oh perfect this will be a fun layout. I did have to modify it as it was for a 5" x 7" card and I just wanted the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. I thought it turned out pretty cute and fun too!

I had 10 of them to make and I got to do my favorite thing...coloring! I used markers since I don't have these ink pad left. I just put a little dollop onto a platic bag and picked up the color with a blender pen giving it a watercolor feel. I also made sure to stamp the envelopes.
When I brought them in for my co-worker she loved them! When she took them home to her litle guy...yep he loved them too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making these, Amy! Niall and I LOVED them! They were awesome. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete