Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Something to make the grandma's explode with emotion!

So I mentioned that I made some explosion boxes for the grandma's for Christmas and I have finally gotten some photo's of the process and the project to share with all of you! My first real tutorial if you will:

Cut down a peice of 12 x 12 cardstock to a 11 1/4" square then score every 3 3/4" in every direction then cut out all four corners so you are left with a cross shape.



View of peice all scored


view of cross shape

Repeat steps with these sizes
Second box: Cut 12 x 12" sheet into a 9 3/4" square, score every 3 1/4" in every direction, cut corners
Third box - Cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet into a 8 1/2" square, score every 2 3/4" in every direction, cut corners


Here is what your box should look like
and the lid cut an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet into a 5 7/8" square, score at 1" on all four sides, make a cut as shown above, fold at score lines and glue lid together.

Now the fun part...decorating!


So I took a sketch from the wishes book and just rotated it each time so that each side looked different but had the same feel.

 Here I did the same thing and added little flowers in the corners. This is again from the wishes book.

And the last box so I added a little flower to the middle with a pop dot. This pattern is again from Wishes.
 Here is all of them nested togetherLooking into the boxA fun way to look at it.Now I did attach the parts of each box with pop dots but you could also let each box just sit in there.
Here it is with the lid. I kept it simple
All closed up
I even signed the bottom!!! My grandma would be proud of me for signing it. I am forever sending her cards with no siggy on the back.

I hope you enjoyed the box.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Idea.... I am going to try it, Thank you so much. I'll let you know the reaction we received (pluss pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog through the new product blog hop - and I must say - WHERE HAVE I BEEN??? You have a WONDERFUL blog! I've bookmarked it and will be back! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete